At long last - I’ve mangaged to create a bespoke device for heartbeat chess. It measures the players heart beats - every 40 beats they get a go, or rather, they can take as many goes as they want for 12 beats. The exact number can of course be changed in the software running the device.
I don’t have time at the mo to write up a full tutorial, but if you want to make one as I have, you’ll need the following components:
- Arduino Uno
- Grove chest strap heart sensor
- Grove base shield - optional but makes things more secure
- 4 LEDs (3 green/yellow, 1 red)
- 9v battery and arduino battery connector
- Piezo buzzer
- Hookup wire
- 5 resistors (1 x 170ohm, 1 x 470omh, 3 x 820ohm - only needs to be roughly correct)
- A tuperware container to house it
- A drill to make holes in the tuperware.
I’ve uploaded circuit diagrams and the program to upload to the Arduino to the Jokes in Systems git.